Monday, February 18, 2008

things that make you smile

I recently had one of those moments in ministry where you remember what you love about students. The main teaching room where Middle School teaching time is held on each Sunday morning, holds my office chair in it (I taught from it one sunday and haven't taken it back yet). Now it becomes a race between each of the guys for who gets to sit in that chair during my lesson. Our church does a family, community worship to start the Sunday and then each age moves into it's own separate teaching area. Sometimes students will hang out in the class room instead of going to family worship, so I have started locking it up and then opening it when we come back for teaching time.
Well on my way back to the class room after worship I saw one of my 6th Grade students (Christian) running ahead so he could be the one who sat in the seat. As I turned the corner for the hall way to my class room I saw Christian sprinting towards the door that he believed to be unlocked. He hit the door at a full sprint and since the door was locked he ran head first into the door being shot back to the floor. When I got to the class room he was sprawled out with a couple high school students making sure he was ok. You gotta love Middle School Students sometimes.

1 comment:

Vitamin Nate said...

So true...such zeal and yet not always "present"...well, thats my childhood anyway :)